Sixty Uses Of Vinegar
1. Arthritis tonic and treatment; 2 spoonfuls of
vinegar and honey in a glass of water several times
2. Thirst-quenching drink: apple cider vinegar mixed
3. Sagging cane chairs: sponge them with a hot
half vinegar and half water. Place the chairs out in
sun to dry.
4. Skin burns: apply ice cold vinegar right away for
relief. Will prevent burn blisters.
5. Add a spoonful of vinegar to cooking water to make
cauliflower white and clean.
6. Storing cheese: keep it fresh longer by wrapping
it in a
vinegar-soaked cloth and keeping it in a sealed
7. Remove stains from stainless steel and chrome with
8. Rinse glasses and dishes in water and vinegar to
spots and film.
9. Prevent grease build-up in your oven by frequently
10. Wipe jars of preserves and canned food with
prevent mold-producing bacteria.
11. To eliminate mildew, dust and odors, wipe down
12. Clean windows with vinegar and water.
13. Hardened paint brushes: simmer in boiling vinegar
in hot soapy water.
14. Clean breadbox and food containers with
cloth to keep fresh-smelling and clean.
15. Pour boiling vinegar down drains to unclog and
16. Clean fireplace bricks with undiluted vinegar.
17. An excellent all-purpose cleaner: vinegar mixed
Cleans copper, bronze, brass, dishes, pots, pans,
glasses, windows. Rinse well.
18. Make your catsup and other condiments last long
19. To clear up respiratory congestion, inhale a
from steaming pot containing water and several
20. Apple cider vinegar and honey as a cure-all: use
prevent apathy, obesity, hay fever, asthma, rashes,
poisoning, heartburn, sore throat, bad eyesight,
brittle nails and bad breath.
21. When boiling eggs, add some vinegar to the water
white from leaking out of a cracked egg.
22. When poaching eggs, add a teaspoon of vinegar to
to prevent separation.
23. Weight loss: vinegar helps prevent fat from
in the body.
24. Canned fish and shrimp: to give it a freshly
soak in a mixture of sherry and 2 tablespoons of
25. Add a spoonful of vinegar when cooking fruit to
26. Soak fish in vinegar and water before cooking for
27. Add vinegar to boiling ham to improve flavor and
28. Improve the flavor of desserts by adding a touch
29. Add vinegar to your deep fryer to eliminate a
30. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to fruit gelatin to
31. Steep your favorite herb in vinegar until you
pleasing taste and aroma.
32. Use vinegar instead of lemon on fried and broiled
33. To remove lime coating on your tea kettle; add
the water and let stand overnight.
34. To make a good liniment: beat 1 whole egg, add 1
vinegar and 1 cup turpentine. Blend.
35. Apply vinegar to chapped, cracked skin for quick
36. Vinegar promotes skin health: rub on tired, sore
37. Reduce mineral deposits in pipes, radiators,
tanks by adding vinegar into the system.
38. Rub vinegar on the cut end of uncooked ham to
39. Clean jars with vinegar and water to remove odor.
40. Avoid cabbage odor by adding vinegar to the
41. Skunk odor: remove from pets by rubbing fur with
42. Paint adheres better to galvanized metal that has
wiped with vinegar.
43. Pets' drinking water: add vinegar to eliminate
encourage shiny fur.
44. For fluffy meringue: beat 3 egg whites with a
45. Pie crust: add 1 tablespoon vinegar to your
for an exceptional crust.
46. Half a teaspoon per quart of patching plaster
more time to work the plaster before it hardens.
47. Prevent discoloration of peeled potatoes by
adding a few
drops of vinegar to water. They will keep fresh for
48. Poultry water: add vinegar to increase egg
to produce tender meat.
49. Preserve peppers: put freshly picked peppers in a
sterilized jar and finish filling with boiling
50. Olives and pimentos will keep indefinitely if
vinegar and refrigerated.
51. Add 1 tsp. vinegar to cooking water for fluffier
52. Add vinegar to laundry rinse water: removes all
53. After shampoo hair rinse:
1 ounce apple cider vinegar in 1 quart of distilled
54. For a shiny crust on homemade bread and rolls:
they have finished baking, take them out, brush
vinegar, return to oven to finish baking.
55. Homemade sour cream: blend together 1 cup cottage
1/4 cup skim milk and 1 tsp. vinegar.
56. Boil vinegar and water in pots to remove stains.
57. Remove berry stains from hands with vinegar.
58. Prevent sugaring by mixing a drop of vinegar in
59. Cold vinegar relieves sunburn.
60.When boiling meat, add a spoonful of vinegar to
the water to
make it more tender.
61. Marinate tough meat in vinegar overnight to
62. A strength tonic: combine raw eggs, vinegar and
pepper. Blend well.
63. Douche: 2 to 4 ounces of vinegar in 2 quarts of
For more great tips and tricks visit